Get ready to dive into Remmy Duchene's new novel coming out February 14!
Hilo Adachi learned one very important lesson from his father—unconditional love is a sham that always has strings attached.
Broken and alone, he works as a bike messenger while moonlighting as a graphic designer. When he meets Matthew Ellington, the last thing Hilo is looking for his love, but how can he deny the fact that one look from Matthew’s beautiful, brown eyes leaves him yearning for things he has no right to. How could he possibly imagine he deserve a man like Matthew?
Matthew Ellington has it all – a successful clothing line, a loving family and money. But he’s missing love and while he isn’t actively looking, he isn’t going to ignore it should love come along. The moment he laid eyes on Hilo, he knows he wants him. But Hilo’s demons keep getting in the way.
Matthew is a fighter, and Hilo’s demons haven met their match.
Whispers of Love Playlist
For those who know me, I love music. I can blow through an iTunes gift card in minutes. That is no joke. I have thousands of songs between my computer, cloud and iPod and I keep buying more almost weekly. While writing Whispers of Love, I had to dig into my music, even my playlists on YouTube and came up with some tracks that made writing even more fun.
To write darker things I listen to bands like Metallica and NIN. Sometimes, I watch the video for BTS’ Blood Sweat Tears. Trust me, it works. For lighter I go for pop music, anything from the mid to late nineties boy bands.
I had to do a shorter version of this list before—my top 5 songs to write nookie to. That was torture. I have over 700 songs in my Love Making playlist and they wanted me to just pick 5. Now, let me see if I can do better with my top 20! HA! All these songs can be found on YouTube of course. Hopefully, you’ll find some new music to add to your playlists.
With that said…..
Let’s do this thing!
20. Sexuality by Taemin – Yes, I am aware this song isn’t in English. But it doesn’t matter. The title alone should tell you what it’s about. The song is beautiful when translated into English but it has an almost orgasmic sound. Taemin is a member of the Kpop band SHINee but solo he’s seems to be on a mission to smashing open that stereotype of what “masculine” means. I love it.
19. Whisper by Leo & Ravi aka VIXX subunit LR – This song is breath-taking and the video is very well made. The lyrics when translated into English doesn’t have the same feel but here’s the first bit:
Tell me your love
To the point where I melt
Tickle my heart
Show me your love
Yeah we’re burnin’ up baby
Whisper yourself into my heart
See what I mean? Beautiful song.
18. Suddenly by Toni Braxton – First of all, Toni’s voice alone, slowed down and husky, makes for many a love scenes. But this song gives me the feeling of being in love and so it fits perfectly here on this list.
17. Pillow Talk by Zayn – I was never a One Direction fan. Not even a little bit. But solo, they seem to be making music I wanna listen to. Their solo projects are way better than their group stuff, in my opinion. This song is super sexy.
16. Move by Taemin – yes, here he is again. This song is slow when it needs to be, hard when it needs to be and watching the video really puts a girl in the mood.
15. We Could Make Love by SoMo – He is probably going to appear more than once on this list. His music is all about the nookie. He has this big, voice that is just *sigh*
14. Body by Minho – A member of one of the newer Kpop bands, WINNER, Minho is an underrated force to be reckoned with. The lyrics are beautiful and that mixed with his voice is just perfection.
13. Lend Me Your Love by Preston Hutto– The first time I heard this song, someone on youtube had made a video for some of the more beautiful scenes from Hit the Floor with just Jude and Zero. I remember watching the video over and over, not because I ADORE Jude and Zero (of course I do! Their chemistry is amazing!) but because I couldn’t get enough of the song and my Shazam wasn’t working. But it’s soft, and beautiful.
12. Never Ever Gonna Give You Up by Lisa Stansfield – Bet you thought I was gonna Rick Roll ya! I know, this isn’t really an overtly sexual song. But if you’re like me, I also love things that aren’t in your face sexy. This song is about a woman who loves her man so much, that she just wants to let him know that whatever he wants, however he wants it, she’s his girl. And the video tells him that’s she wants him so much she rushes out of the house naked and walk across the city just to be with him. Love this song.
11. Electric by Vybz Kartel –yeah, I’m not usually a reggae person when it comes to these scenes. But this song is beautiful.
10. Talking Bodies by Tove Lo – Just listening to the lyrics to this makes me want to write a love scene.
9. Savage by Tank – This song is a tad um—well, in your face. And sometimes, a love scene needs to be. Tank does not mince words in this track but it gets the job done.
8. Breathe you in my Dreams by Trixie Whitley – I love, love, love this song. I accidentally found her one of those times I fell down the Youtube blackhole. But this song is sensual, sexual (there’s a difference, trust me) romantic, haunting, all those things wrapped into one.
7. Aquaman by Jay Park – Predominantly in English, this little ditty by Jay is sexy. Trust me, this song has nothing to do with the superhero. It’s all about going down…*blush* oh man.
6. Body Say by Demi Lovato – Sure she started out as a one of Barney’s Friends (yes, big purple dinosaur). But this song is hot enough to singe eyebrows.
5. Love on the Brain by Rihanna – This song is intelligent sexy. It’s the kind of song that you have to listen to and focus on the lyrics and you don’t realize just how sexy it is until you’re singing it out loud in the car going 100 in a 60 zone.
4. When We by Tank – This song is what Fifty Shades would be if they’d hired Idris Elba to play the main male role. The lyrics alone are enough to make you head for a cold shower. Pair that with the BDSM video – yup, *head explodes*
3. First by SoMo – Here he is again. I could have done this entire list with just his songs or the songs he’s chosen to cover. With its many references to rain, I’m pretty sure you can guess what this one is about.
2. Play by Jaremi Carey aka RuPaul’s Dragrace Alum Phi Phi O’hara – This song is so beautiful and sexy it blew my mind that Phi Phi did it. His voice is spectacular and the video—*dreamy sigh*
1. Bilingual by Jose Nunez Featuring Taina – You want to listen to the dirty mix of this one. Trust me, if you love reading Kink or things on the hotter scale, this song will do it every time.
Nope, that wasn’t any easier. I still have songs I would have loved to put on here, plus songs that I probably didn’t even think about. So, honourable mentions? But I really hope you found some new songs for your playlists!
Whispers of Love – February 14th, 2018 to Amazon!
Please find me on the interwebs!
I always knew I wanted to be a writer. Even as a child, when my aspirations were changed as frequently as my underwear, writing was a constant. I started writing as soon as I learned how to read. As a child, my stories ranged from cute and silly to alarmingly morbid; all were equally terrible. I wrote awful, angsty poetry as a teenager, but my skills didn't start to improve until I discovered fanfiction. My target of that obsession was a small, short lived children's show riddled with character inconsistencies and undeveloped plot threads. Unless someone took the time to save those stories, they have been erased from existence. Somehow, I still gained a bit of a following. As silly as it is, I will always consider fanfiction a great way to improve on my skills and still indulge in badly written Percy Weasley fics once in a while (he's just misunderstood, okay!).
But slowly (very, VERY slowly), my writing improved. My style started to smooth, and my stories became more palatable. Though they didn't start getting good until after I turned eighteen and finally stopped angsting.
I stopped writing for several years to work a gas station job and focus on my newfound love life. My writing stopped completely while developing my relationship with my husband took priority. Eventually, my job started to wear me down. While I still work part time, and I couldn't ask for a better boss or coworkers, I realized I couldn't do this full time forever. On a whim, I took a couple online writing classes and slowly rekindled my childhood passion.
Almost two years ago I was browsing Cracked.com, and read an article about self publishing erotica on Amazon. Something clicked in my mind, and I knew I had to try it. I spent half a year studying various niches and reading more romance than I ever thought I would, all with my husband's never-ending support. My first romance, which was terrible and will never see the light of day, took me a couple weeks. I went back to the drawing board. I discovered a market in Mpreg and I never looked back.
I'm hardly one of the best writers out there. I'm a very slow writer and let myself get sidetracked easily. But my fanbase is eternally patient and I couldn't ask for a better career. I am almost completely self-taught, will barely anything more than a high school education in English. It wasn't exactly what I envisioned for myself as a writer, but I couldn't be more thankful.